PARMA HEIGHTS, Ohio — Remember Holy Name High School’s sweet win over Badin High School in girls’ soccer in 2006? Or the school’s band marching in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in 1994?
This Catholic school was originally established in Cleveland in 1914 and moved to its current location, 6000 Queens Highway in Parma Heights after a merger with Nazareth Academy in the late 1970s.
Holy Name’s team acquired the nickname of “the Green Wave” after a newspaper account described how the players moved on the football field. The school community has historically been a strong supporter of sports.