Dear HN Families,
A few reminders as we approach the middle of October:
1. Wednesday, October 15th is a testing day for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Sophomores and juniors will take the PSAT exam and freshmen the ASPIRE test. Students should report to their testing room by 7:50 a.m. Students will be dismissed after testing: juniors and sophomores at 11:15 a.m. and freshmen at approximately 12:15 p.m. Afternoon bus transportation will not be available on the 15th.
2. Seniors will be participating in a retreat at St. Colette’s on Wednesday, October 15th. Information and permission slips will be distributed in Theology class.
3. Many colleges and universities are visiting Holy Name this fall. A list of schools visiting HN can be found on NAVIANCE. We encourage our juniors and seniors to take advantage of these opportunities. Juniors and seniors are reminded to make sure to fill out the appropriate permission slip prior to meeting with any college representative here at HN. Forms are available in the main office and must be turned in by 7:50 a.m. the day of the visit.
4. For those seniors visiting a college or university campus during the school day, please make sure to obtain a “College Visit Verification” form in the main office and return it so that your absence will be excused. See p. 14 of the student handbook for more information.
5. As the weather is turning colder, please pay special attention to our dress code. All students may wear HN logo sweaters purchased from the team shop or sweatshirts or pullovers purchased from the uniform section of the team shop. Seniors only may wear non-Holy Name sweaters as a “senior privilege”. On Fridays, students may wear all other non-hooded HN apparel over the school uniform. See page 24 of the student handbook for more information.
- Girls are reminded that opaque tights in the colors of solid navy blue, solid dark green, or solid black must be worn with the uniform skirt from November 1 through March 31. Socks may NOT be worn with tights and footless leggings or footless tights are not permitted. On certain occasions, socks may be worn with tights and announcements will be made to inform students of this special privilege.
- Girls are also reminded that their uniform skirts must be of an appropriate length, no more than two inches above the knee. We are aware that students grow from freshman to senior year and ask parents to monitor their daughter’s skirt length and make adjustments to the uniform skirt if necessary. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- Boys are reminded that dress shoes must be worn to school. Work boots and hiking boots are not acceptable footwear.
6. The end of the quarter is October 24th. First quarter report cards will be available at parent-teacher conferences on Thursday, October 30th from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Teachers will be available on a first come, first serve basis. We look forward to seeing you on the 30th!
7. On the athletic front, please come out to support our athletic teams as they compete in district tournament play:
- Boys Soccer plays Padua on Tuesday, October 14th at 5 p.m. at Memorial Park in North Royalton.
- The Volleyball team will play at Holy Name in the Main Gymnasium at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 15th. Their opponent is to be determined.
- Girls Soccer plays at St. Ignatius High School at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 16th. Their opponent is to be determined as well.
- The Cross Country Team runs in the district meet at 1 p.m. on Saturday, October 11th at Lorain Community College.
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OUR NAMER ATHLETES IN DISTRICT COMPETITION!!
Thanks to everyone for your cooperation and support of Holy Name.
Have a safe and happy weekend.