If a senior is interested in applying for Early Dismissal, she/he MUST attend a MANDATORY meeting on Wednesday, January 17 after homeroom announcements. The meeting will be in the conference room located next to room 120. During that meeting, the Administration will explain the requirements for obtaining Early Dismissal and will also hand out all necessary paperwork.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IF A STUDENT DOES NOT ATTEND THIS INFORMATION MEETING, EARLY DISMISSAL WILL NOT BE AN OPTION.
Please consider the following:
– Only seniors in good academic standing are eligible for Early Dismissal.
– Early Dismissal will be granted for period 8 only. In other words, students may NOT leave the building until the END of 7th period.
– Student-Athletes who are currently in-season are NOT eligible for Early Dismissal. In-season student-athletes would be eligible for Early Dismissal upon the conclusion of their sports season.
– A request form must be submitted for each semester. The request form must be turned in to Mrs. Carter BEFORE Early Dismissal is implemented.
– Seniors with Early Dismissal are to leave the school premises COMPLETELY.
– If students are involved in any after school activities (including detention and/or school clubs), they must report to study hall on those days.
– There may be days when students are not permitted to leave early due to a special schedule. Students will be given ample notice so they may plan for these days.
(Additional details of the Early Dismissal privilege may be found in the Holy Name H.S. student handbook.)
Please see the Administration with any questions.