Career Shadowing Week Information and Documents
For over a century, Holy Name High School has been preparing students for success in our global society. As a part of the Guidance Department’s mission, we strive to expose our students to as many real world career opportunities as possible.
The Guidance Department will be coordinating a Career Shadowing Program. The Career Shadowing Program is scheduled during the week of March 20-22, 2017. Senior students will shadow a career of their choice for 15 hours during this week. Seniors will NOT report to Holy Name High School during this three-day period.
Juniors will be participating in state mandated ACT testing, and as a result, MUST report to Holy Name High School on Tuesday, March 21st. They do not need to report on March 20 or March 22. Juniors will shadow a career of their choice for 15 hours during this week.
Although students will ultimately be responsible for finding the company, school, business, hospital etc., they would like to shadow, the Holy Name High School Alumni and Development Offices will be available to assist families in this process.
Part of this requirement is to complete the appropriate paperwork/permission forms by the designated dates, as well as submitting an evaluation from the site supervisor and writing a reflection paper. LATE PAPERWORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
The career shadowing paperwork and due dates are outlined below:
1. Once a student secures a site to shadow, the Career Shadowing Proposal (Pink Form), with his or her mentor’s signature included, must be submitted to his or her guidance counselor by Friday, March 3, 2017.
2. Parent(s)/guardian(s) must grant permission for students to participate in the Career Shadow Experience. The Permission Form (Gold Form) must be submitted to a student’s guidance counselor by Friday, March 3, 2017.
3. The Emergency Medical Form (Yellow Form) must be completed and checked by your school counselor by Friday, March 3, 2017. This form must be submitted to your On-Site Mentor after it is checked by your school counselor.
4. The Student Career Shadow Evaluation Form (Green Form) must be returned to a student’s assigned guidance counselor by Friday, March 31, 2017.
5. Each student is responsible to submit answers to the Interview Questions and Reflection (Blue Form) to his or her assigned school counselor by Friday, March 31, 2017.
Upon completion of the Career Shadowing Week and the designated paperwork, student will receive a (P) pass on their transcript. Any student who does not complete the experience and paperwork will receive a (F) fail on transcripts. NO LATE PAPERWORK WILL BE ACCEPTED!
2017 CSW Junior Informational Letter
2017 CSW Senior Informational Letter
Career Shadowing Week Experience Paperwork Checklist
2017 CSW Proposal
2017 CSW Parent Permission Form
2017 CSW Emergency Medical Form
2017 CSW Interview Questions and Reflection
2017 CSW Student Evaluation Form
Career Shadowing Week Resource List