Career Shadowing Information and Documents
The Guidance Department will be coordinating the Career Shadowing Program for the 2018 – 2019 school year to expose students to career possibilities and position them for success. Junior and senior students will shadow a career of their choice for 15 hours. The dates when students can choose to complete their Career Shadowing hours are:
• Summer Break
• Mon. 9/3
• Mon. 10/8
• Thanksgiving Break
• Christmas Break
• Mon. 1/21
• Mon. 2/18
• Mon. 3/22
• Mon. 3/25
• Easter Break
• College Visitation Days*
* Six excused absences are allotted for career shadowing and/or college visitations.
Students are responsible for finding the professional they would like to shadow. The Holy Name High School Alumni and Advancement Offices and the Career Shadowing Directory in the Main Office are helpful resources for identifying potential professionals to shadow.
Below are the due dates for the required paperwork. Late paperwork will not be accepted and will result in a failing mark on students’ transcripts.
1. Parent(s)/guardian(s) must grant permission for students to participate in the Career Shadow Experience. The Permission Form must be submitted prior to the shadowing experience.
2. The Emergency Medical Authorization Form must be completed prior to the shadowing experience.
3. The Request for College Visitation/Shadow Day Form must also be completed prior to the shadowing experience. Students must have this filled out by each of their teachers at least three days prior to the career shadowing experience.
4. The Student Career Shadow Evaluation Form, Interview Questions and Reflection must be returned by Friday, April 12, 2019.
Forms can be turned into the Career Shadowing Box in the Main Office, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of the Career Shadowing Program and the designated paperwork, student will receive a (P) pass on their transcript. Any student who does not complete the experience and paperwork will receive a (F) fail on transcripts. NO LATE PAPERWORK WILL BE ACCEPTED!
2018-2019 Career Shadowing Informational Letter
2018-2019 Career Shadowing Parent Permission Form
2018-2019 Career Shadowing Emergency Medical Form
2018-2019 Career Shadowing Evaluation, Interview Questions and Reflection Forms
Career Shadowing Program Resource List