2016 National Honor Society Selection Process
The National Honor Society is a prestigious organization which provides specific guidelines that must be followed in order to be admitted. Any junior, who has earned a minimum accumulative grade point average of a 3.6 and has demonstrated leadership, strong character, involvement in extracurricular organizations, and service, is invited to apply. Students will not be considered for membership due to the following:
– If they have had to serve an out of school suspension.
– If disciplinary action has been taken due to cheating on their course work.
– If excessive absences and/or tardies have been accrued.
– If they have not completed at least 20 hours of service required by HN each school year.
– If they not previously completed ANY Honors, AP, or CCP courses.
In order to apply for the National Honor Society, students will need to provide a detailed activity resume (which can be found below), including signatures from coaches, teachers, club moderators, employers and volunteer supervisors. A formal essay will also be required. Finally, this year’s first quarter grades must also meet the 3.6 GPA requirement.
The deadline for application is Tuesday, October 11, 2016. NO EXCEPTIONS. Once inductees have been selected, families will be notified via a letter in the beginning of November. Details regarding the NHS induction ceremony scheduled for Friday, November 18th will be provided at that time. Additional questions should be directed to Mrs. Hirzel, Mrs. Paul, or Mrs. Carter.
2016 National Honor Society Application Materials