2019-2020 National Honor Society Selection Process
The National Honor Society is a prestigious organization providing specific guidelines that must be followed for acceptance. Any junior who — after completion of the first semester of junior year — has earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.6, has completed at least one honors or AP course, and has demonstrated leadership, strong character, involvement in extracurricular organizations, and service is invited to apply. Students will not be considered for membership if any of the following apply:
– They have had to serve an out of school suspension.
– They have been suspended due to cheating/plagiarism on their course work.
– They have accrued excessive absences and/or tardies.
– They have not completed the minimum 20 hours of service required by HN each school year.
– They have not previously completed ANY Honors, AP, or CCP courses.
Students will need to write a formal essay and provide a detailed activity resume including signatures from coaches, teachers, club moderators, employers, and volunteer supervisors. Finally, all applicants’ cumulative GPAs must meet a 3.6 minimum upon receipt of the first semester report card.
The deadline for application is Thursday, January 30, 2020. NO EXCEPTIONS. Once inductees have been selected, families will be notified via a letter in the beginning of March. Details regarding the NHS induction ceremony scheduled for Tuesday, March 10 will be provided at that time. Additional questions should be directed to Miss Leigh, Mrs. White, or Mrs. Carter.
2019-2020 National Honor Society Application Materials